Below is a list of publications and presentations authored by Jason for your downloading and viewing.
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH PROJECTS
- David W. Baker, with Jason A. Riley, Genesis 37-50: A Handbook on the Hebrew Text (Waco, TX: Baylor University Press, 2014)
Articles in Academic Journals
- “ ‘Why, O-y?’ The 1cs Suffix in Ugaritic and Its Bearing on the Case Vowel of the Vocative.” Ugarit-Forschungen 44 (2013): 261-84
- “An Explanation for the Reading ἐν μέσῳ αὐτῆς in LXX-Jer 29:14 in Light of Dalet-Resh Interchange.” Vetus Testamentum 63 (2013): 433-39
Articles in Edited Volumes
- “Does Yahweh Get His Hands Dirty? Reading Isaiah 63:1-6 in Light of Divine Post-Battle Purification Imagery.” Pages 243-70 in Warfare, Ritual, and Symbol in Biblical and Modern Contexts. Edited by Brad E. Kelle, Frank Ritchel Ames, Jacob L. Wright. Atlanta: The Society of Biblical Literature, 2014
- “War Rituals,” The Dictionary of the Bible in Ancient Media (New York: T&T Clark, 2017)
- “Ḥerem,” “Naked Goddesses,” and “Warrior God,” Routledge Encyclopedia of Ancient Mediterranean Religions (New York: Routledge, 2015)
- “Book of the Wars of the Lord,” “Hittite Literature,” “Military Organization in Mesopotamia,” “Syro-Ephraimite War,” “Census,” Lexham Bible Dictionary (Logos Bible Software, 2015)
- Review of Charlie Trimm, “YHWH Fights for Them!” The Divine Warrior in the Exodus Narrative, Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament 5.2 (2016-2017)
- Review of Julie Faith Parker, Valuable and Vulnerable: Children in the Hebrew Bible, Especially the Elisha Cycle, Review of Biblical Literature 6 (2016)
- Review of Boyd Seevers, Warfare in the Old Testament: The Organization, Weapons, and Tactics of Ancient Near Eastern Armies, Review of Biblical Literature 2 (2016)
- Review of Laurel Koepf-Taylor, Give Me Children or I Shall Die, Review of Biblical Literature 4 (2015)
- Review of Lee M. Fields, Hebrew For the Rest of Us, Ashland Theological Journal 42 (2010): 114-116
- Review of A. Philip Brown II and Bryant W. Smith, A Reader’s Hebrew Bible, Ashland Theological Journal 42 (2010): 116-117
- Patrick Van Horne and Jason A. Riley, Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps’ Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life (New York: Black Irish Books, 2014)
- “Indivisible,” The Table 5 (Spring, 2008): 12-13
- Reflectance Transformation Imaging Research Project, British Museum, 2017
- Cuneiform Tablet Translation, Research, and Publication Project – Unpublished tablets
- Project Leader: Dr. Christopher B. Hays
- Duration: 2014-
- “The Motif of Children as Victims of War in Prophetic Literature,” presented at the 2017 Southwest Commission on Religious Studies, Irving, Texas.
- “Views of Violence: The Use of Visually Displayed Violence in the Lachish Reliefs and Iron Age Warfare,” presented at the 2015 Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia.
- “Uncle Samuel Wants You!” The Age of Initial Military Involvement in Ancient Israel and the Ancient Near East,” presented at the 2014 Society of Biblical Literature Pacific Coast Regional Meeting, Fullerton, California.
- “Does Yahweh Get His Hands Dirty?” presented at the 2012 Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois; also presented to the Fuller Theological Seminary Biblical Colloquium, February 2013.
- ““Why, O-y?” The 1cs Suffix in Ugaritic and Its Bearing on the Case of the Vocative”, Presented at the 2012 Illinois Symposium on Semitic Linguistics, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana; also presented at the 2013 Society of Biblical Literature Pacific Coast Regional Meeting, Fullerton, California.